The Dolphinfish Research Program (DRP) has grown to become the world’s largest fishermen driven tagging program for dolphin. Since 2002, more than 28,000 dolphin have been tagged and released with our tags by more than 1,700 vessels and 5,000 anglers around the world. This effort has resulted in the world’s largest database on the movement of dolphin with more than 620 logged recoveries. Click here to learn more about their movements and here to check out articles published using DRP data. While we work diligently to raise funds to send out hundreds of free tagging kits every year you can help financially support our program and tagging efforts by purchasing an official DRP tagging kit today. Proceeds from your purchase of this kit goes directly to buying more tags, tagging kit supplies, and shipping kits. Thank you for your support of the DRP and your dedication to help advance research and conservation associated with this species and offshore fishing.
- 5 individually numbered official DRP dart tags
- 5 corresponding postcard tagging cards with postage included
- 1 official DRP tag applicator
- 1 official DRP sticker
- 1 Sport Fish Restoration measuring tape (while supplies last)
- Information packet on how to properly tag dolphin as well as updates from the DRP
- All contents shipped in a DRP polymailer for storage on a boat or in a tackle box